Children’s Therapeutic Supports& Services Skills Trainer
Lighthouse Child and Family Services, Inc is currently accepting applications for a community-based skills trainer position serving children and families in the Isanti County area including Isanti, Cambridge, Princeton, Braham, and Mora. The primary duties of this position are to provide mental health skills services to children and their families along with consultation and coordination with other providers such as mental health therapists, school staff, case managers, and medical personnel.
Provide mental health skills services in office, school, home, and community
Develop individualized treatment plans in collaboration with mental health therapists
Provide individual, family and group skills training to children and their families
Complete documentation and data collection in timely manner
Work as part of an interdisciplinary team
Attend clinical care consult meetings as needed
Maintain continuing education and follow requirements of supervision, as applicable
Other duties as assigned
· Baccalaureate required in a behavioral health science or related field from an accredited college or university and 2000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services in the treatment of mental illness, behavioral disorders or children/youth with emotional disturbances and their families OR
· An associate degree with six thousand (6000) hours of supervised experience as per state requirements for Mental Health Practitioner
· When applicable, licensure must be active and in good standing with the respective Licensing Board. Must adhere to licensure ethics and regulations. In-service training/education is required to maintain licensure.
· Preference will be given to applicants with experience in child development, parent education and child protective services.
· Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, valid automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record
· Must pass criminal background check
This position is a year-round position, with the ability to decrease hours in the summer if the employee chooses. Opportunities for full or part time work are available. Lighthouse is an agency invested in evidenced based practices and passionate in supporting the professional learning and growth of our employees. We offer a flexible schedule (evening client appointment availability required,) competitive wages, paid holidays, PTO, Simple IRA with employer match, mileage reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.