Location: Isanti County and surrounding areas
Lighthouse Child & Family Services (LCFS) is currently accepting applications for a Mental Health Practitioner Community-Based Skills Trainer serving children and families in the Isanti County area including Isanti, Cambridge, Princeton, Braham and Mora. The primary duties of this position are to provide mental health skills services to children and their families along with consultation and coordination with other providers such as mental health therapists, school staff, case managers and medical personnel. This is a year-round position with the ability to decrease hours in the summer if the employee chooses. Full or part-time work opportunities are available.
- Provide mental health skills services in the home, school, and community settings
- Develop individualized treatment plans in collaboration with mental health therapists
- Provide individual, family and group skills training to children and their families
- Complete documentation and data collection in a timely manner
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Attend clinical care consult meetings as needed
- Maintain continuing education and follow requirements of supervision, as applicable
- Some late afternoon and early evening weekday hours required
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate required in a behavioral health science or related field from an accredited college or university and 2000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services in the treatment of mental illness, behavioral disorders or children/youth with emotional disturbances and their families
- An associate degree with six thousand (6000) hours of supervised experience as per state requirements for Mental Health Practitioner
- When applicable, licensure must be active and in good standing with the respective Licensing Board. Must adhere to licensure ethics and regulations. In-service training/education is required to maintain licensure.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, valid automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record
- Must pass BCA background check
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in child development, parent education, and child protective services. LCFS is an agency invested in evidence-based practices and passionate about supporting the professional learning and growth of our employees. We offer a flexible schedule (some evening client appointment availability required), competitive wages, paid holidays, PTO, Simple IRA with employer match, mileage reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. Included in your employment is weekly or bi-weekly supervision with a supportive supervisor, billing and documentation assistance, and paid consultation time with mental health professionals. LCFS is an equal opportunity employer.